Boise State Transportation and Parking Services supports the University community by providing services that are at the lowest possible cost. Our rates are structured such that we only recover operational and equipment replacement costs. For a comparison to the state contract rates, click here: State Rental Contract Rates.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
give us a call at 208-426-4363 or Call Enterprise Rent a Car at: 208-336-8777
- To drive a vehicle, you must be at least 18 years old. To drive a 12 passenger van you must be at least 20 years old. (See more detail on 12 passenger requirements below).
- The Authorization form must be signed by the Department Chair, Director, Dean, or Vice President. This must be an original signature and must be signed prior to vehicle pick up. Faxed and scanned forms will not be accepted. This form will be expected at time of pick up.
- On the Motor Pool Authorization form, every driver that will be using the vehicle must be listed. You must bring your license and 12 passenger certification, which we must see for all drivers.
In the event that there are multiple drivers for one vehicle, copies of the license and 12 passenger certification will be accepted for drivers that will not be present at time of vehicle pick up.
*For 12 passenger van certification training please call Transportation and Parking Services at 208-426-4363 to schedule an appointment. Please note that certification expires one year from date of training.
- Van training is hosted every Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM upstairs in the Design Studio, in the 2nd floor of the Student Union Building.
- In order for a non-Boise State employee to drive the vehicle the Authorized Volunteer Services Agreement form must be completed.
Fuel is charged in addition to the daily rental fee. For each reservation, we will issue a state fuel card. This allows the driver to fuel up off campus and have the fuel added into their total bill. If you purchase gas, return receipts with the keys in the provided pouch.
4-5 Passenger Sedan $30.00 per day
4-5 Passenger Honda Hybrid $30.00 per day
7 Passengers Minivan $55.00 per day
12 Passengers* van (with tow hitch) $70.00 per day
Vehicles are reserved on a “first come, first served” basis.
Weekend Use: Motor Pool is not open on the weekend! Vehicles reserved for weekend use MUST be picked up Friday afternoon between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 PM.
Next Day Use: It is suggested that you contact Motor Pool in advance at 208-426-4363 to ensure vehicle availability.
Cancellation: please email email@example.com.
To rent a vehicle:
- Make sure you read and understand the University Vehicles policy #9040, the University’s Driver’s Expectation Form (pdf), and have read through all the requirements posted on our website. This will ensure that your reservation goes as smoothly as possible.
- Place your reservations HERE
- We will send a reservation number to you via email within 48 hours
- Fill out a Motor Pool authorization form and bring it with you to pick up vehicle. In addition if a possible driver is a non-Boise State employee the Authorized Volunteer Services Agreement form must be completed.
- Pick up your rental vehicle at Transportation and Parking Services office in the Student Union Building Transit Center, 1700 University Drive – Click here to view a map
What do I need to have with me at the time of vehicle pick up?
You will need to bring:
1. A copy of your motorpool authorization form already filled out, with original authorizing signatures.
2. A valid driver’s license for all drivers. If one person will be picking up the vehicle, one driver may bring copies of the other drivers licenses.
3. If driving a 12 passenger van, you must provide a copy of your valid 12 passenger certification from the Transit Center in the Student Union Building for all drivers. If there will be multiple drivers, one driver may bring copies of the other driver’s certifications. Must be at least 20 years old.
What is the confirmation number?
A reservation number is provided when a rental has been confirmed. Enter this number on the Motor Pool Charge Form. The operator must present a copy of this form along with previously mentioned required materials.
What are your vehicle pickup times?
Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Vehicles are to be picked up only on the day that they are reserved.
What is your cancellation policy?
When canceling a vehicle reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to cancel a reservation may result in being charged if others were prevented from using a vehicle during that time.
If this is a One day reservation; consider CarShare! This program through Enterprise allows you to reserve a vehicle online, with the option of hourly rentals. The vehicle is even already on campus. For more information, visit CarShare.